Kenvue to showcase new Listerine® Clinical Solutions Mouthwash Line at American Dental Association’s SmileCon 2023
October 2, 2023 – Kenvue Inc. (NYSE: KVUE) (“Kenvue”), the world’s largest pure-play consumer health company by revenue, will showcase a new extension to its Listerine® line, Listerine® Clinical Solutions, at the American Dental Association’s (ADA’s) SmileCon 2023, to be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, October 5 through 7.
Listerine®, the #1 mouthwash brand globally and the #1 dentist recommended mouthwash brand in the United States, will showcase the new line at its booth, where meeting attendees will have opportunities to sample the products before they reach Walmart shelves in the United States by the end of October and a wider array of outlets in early 2024. The new line includes Listerine® Clinical Solutions Antiseptic Gum Health Mouthwash, Clinical Solutions Breath Defense Mouthwash, and Clinical Solutions Teeth Strength Mouthwash.
“Listerine’s newest line promotes the power of everyday care with our most advanced formulations to address consumers’ top oral health concerns: treating early gum disease, preventing cavities, and providing fresh breath,” said Jonathan Miller, Vice President of Kenvue Global Essential Health R&D. “We’re proud to expand our portfolio of category leading brands with these innovations designed to improve consumer’s oral health and breath, and we can’t wait to meet with our colleagues across the field of dental health at SmileCon 2023 to share the data and insights that make these products unique & effective.”
Listerine® scientists will share details about:
· Clinical Solutions Antiseptic Gum Health, which boasts more tartar-preventing zinc chloride than other Listerine® Antiseptic products and is the first mouthwash to promise both reduced gingivitis and a 64% decrease in gum bleeding within one week compared with brushing alone. In addition, rinsing with Listerine® Antiseptic offers patients 4.6 times more sustained plaque reduction above the gumline between dental hygiene visits than flossing by a dental hygeinist.1,2 The new formula is designed to help optimize the oral microbiome for gum health without altering healthy salivary flow or oral pH.
· Clinical Solutions Breath Defense, which offers 24-hour fresh breath when used twice daily. Its formula includes zinc chloride and technology that neutralizes and transforms odor molecules, as well as four essential oils to kill bacteria.
· Clinical Solutions Teeth Strength, powered by Rapid Fusion Technology to provide a stronger tooth surface through increased fluoride uptake and promoting remineralization. Combined with brushing, this formulation repairs enamel immediately to prevent cavities, resulting in teeth that are 3 times stronger and longer lasting.
“As Listerine® scientists, we’re always excited when we have the opportunity to use consumer insights to develop new products that address unmet needs,” said Anthony Mariani, Kenvue Principal Scientist for Global Oral Care Product Development. “Formulating the Listerine® Clinical Solutions line gave us a unique opportunity to generate new learnings for our brand and deliver a premium and differentiated benefit for our consumers.”
The entire line, including the Breath Defense, Teeth Strength and Gum Health formulas, have been awarded the ADA’s Seal of Acceptance, the leading mark of dental product safety and efficacy for 90 years. The seal is awarded to products with clinical or laboratory data that demonstrate safety and efficacy.
Dental health professionals and members of the media can visit the exhibit hall to speak with Listerine® scientists including Mariani and try out the full Clinical Solutions line, as well as other Listerine® mouthwashes.
To learn more or set up an interview with one of the scientists behind the newest Listerine® formulations, please contact media relations, Meghan Harding at [email protected].
Kenvue Booth #2129
· Thursday, October 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Friday, October 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Saturday, October 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1. Kenvue. Listerine® is clinically proven to be 5x more effective than flossing for plaque reduction above the gumline. Kenvue.com. Published in 2023. Accessed September 25, 2023. https://www.kenvue.com/listerine-is-clinically-proven-to-be-5x-more-effective-than-flossing-for-plaque-reduction.
2. Today’s RDH. New Research Shows Surprising Results about Effectiveness of LISTERINE® Antiseptic. Todaysrdh.com. Published July 26, 2022. Accessed September 25, 2023. https://tinyurl.com/44n6zph6.
 Listerine® is a brand of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a subsidiary of Kenvue.
 Jonathan Miller is an employee of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a subsidiary of Kenvue.
 Anthony Mariani is an employee of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a subsidiary of Kenvue.